Raw unpeeled cocoa beans are a unique product from South America, considered sacred by the Mayans and held in high esteem by the Aztecs. In those days, cocoa beans served as an object of worship, and monetary units, and the basis of an elite drink. And today, cocoa beans are known as the main ingredient in the favorite treat of children and adults – chocolate.
But in fact, it’s even better than chocolate, because it’s much healthier! “Live” cocoa beans, not subject to heat treatment, contain only a little natural sugar, a lot of healthy fats and fiber, polyphenols, organic acids, B, PP, A vitamins, a large amount of magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur and about three hundred biologically active compounds that help overall health.
Today, natural cocoa beans are not a problem to buy, but note that only raw beans bring the maximum benefit to the body. Raw cocoa beans are a storehouse of antioxidants that protect the body from the harmful effects of the environment and neutralize the effects of free radicals on it. Antioxidants – flavonoids contained in natural cocoa beans help to maintain youth and beauty of both the skin and the whole body, reduce the risk of tumors, reduce inflammation of internal organs and improve brain function, which is especially useful for older people.
Cocoa beans are fragile and crunchy, have an amazing aroma, taste of dark chocolate without sugar and inherent bitterness. However, the beans are covered with a shell that is not normally eaten. To peel cocoa beans, you just need to pour them with water at room temperature and leave for half an hour. After the shell becomes soft, it will be easy to remove it by prying it with a knife. Cocoa beans can be eaten just like that or dipped in honey, enjoying the real taste of chocolate, or you can grind them in a coffee grinder and use them to sprinkle cereals, cottage cheese and your favorite desserts and drinks. From crushed cocoa beans, you can make delicious hot chocolate and cocoa drinks, having tried them at least once, you will not want to return to store-bought products.
It is best to store cocoa beans at room temperature in a ventilated place, placed in a cloth bag or wrapped in paper. When using cocoa beans, it is very important to observe the measure: it is enough to eat no more than 40-50 g of beans per day for adults and no more than 30 g of beans per day for children. But, let’s be honest, it is quite difficult to eat such an amount of cocoa beans, since they are very high in calories. Therefore, it is best to break the daily dose for the whole day and use the beans for a snack, because only 10 g of a miracle product will help you forget about food for several hours.
Do not miss the opportunity to buy raw unpeeled cocoa beans in Kyiv and Ukraine, as well as other natural products that will make you younger and healthier.
- are a source of antioxidants that help prevent the occurrence of many diseases, relieve inflammation and preserve youth;
- give vivacity and energy;
- help reduce appetite;
- are used to prevent cardiovascular diseases;
- increase the elasticity of blood vessels;
- reduce the risk of atherosclerosis;
- used for the prevention of cancer;
- help normalize blood pressure;
- improve brain function and increase mental clarity;
- contain hormones of joy – serotonin and tryptophan;
- act as an antidepressant;
- increase libido and are considered an aphrodisiac;
- it is not recommended to use cocoa beans for children under 3 years old, and also to use with caution in diseases of the digestive tract.
Application in cooking
- can be consumed on their own, like sweets, with tea and honey;
- after grinding in a coffee grinder, cocoa beans are suitable for making cocoa drinks;
used for making chocolate
- crushed can be added to desserts, ice cream and even salads;
- cocoa bean powder mixed with a little coconut oil is perfect for making natural chocolate sauces, candies, cakes and other delicious desserts.
Caloric content of raw cocoa beans: 100 g contains 565 kcal.